Monday, July 25, 2011

Make your own Creamer

*Recipe adapted from "BACON IN MY POCKET" blog.

Another effort to not buy so much processed stuff. This was really easy too and probably cheaper in the long run.

1- 14oz can Sweet condensed milk
14oz milk, your choice of kind, I used skim
flavorings of your choice

I used a old creamer bottle to mix mine and store. Pour the can of sweet milk in the bottle, fill the can with milk and pour in. I did add about 1/4 of the can of milk again because the sweet condensed milk is really thick and I dont think it was any too much milk. Next add flavorings. We made Cinnamon bun flavored and added 1 tsp. Vanilla, 1 tsp. almond extract and 1 T Cinnamon. Shake well. Store in fridge. .

*I used pure almond, not imitation and the recipe I think was for imitation. So the almond flavor is a bit more then I like. Its ok, just next time when I use pure almond I will cut back a bit on the amount. *

You can use any flavor you want. .
Vanilla
Cocoa powder & Raspberry syrup
Cocoa powder & peppermint extract
Hazelnut syrup
Cinnamon

You can buy coffee flavor syrups in the coffee isle at walmart.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm curious to know how long it keeps in the fridge.

Shannon said...

i am not sure because we go through it so fast here it doesnt last more then 2 weeks.