It cost around $.40 per "can size" to make this if you use real milk. I used powdered milk and mixed it with water simply because I am out of milk and didnt realize it til I had already started. Lol. So it would be even less im sure if you use powdered milk.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup any broth (I used a beef bouillon cube to make mine)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
- mushrooms, chopped and sauteed (how ever much you desire)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan over Med-Low heat.
- Stir in flour a little at a time until smooth, then remove from heat.
- Add broth and milk a little at a time, stirring to keep mixture smooth. Then, stir in mushrooms.
- Return to heat and bring sauce to a gentle boil; stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.