Monday, March 1, 2010

Hot Chicken/Rice Salad


This is yum yum yum!! And its hot as in temp wise, not spicy hot. Its so yummy served with Peas and Applesauce.

2 Cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 Cups Rice, Cooked
1/2 Cup chopped celery
1/4 Cup Slivered almonds
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 T. Lemon juice
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients together and stir until combined. Dump into a greased baking dish.(I used a 9'' pie dish) Crush about 1/2 tube of crackers and melt 1/4 stick of butter and pour butter over crushed crackers. Combine with your fingers until just moistened. Sprinkle crumbs over casserole. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
I used more like 1/2 cup of almonds cause I love them and I like crunch in my casserole. And the time to bake it isnt long enough to make the celery soft, they are still nice an crunchy too. If you dont like crunchy celery you may want to bake it a bit longer then.


Here is a good recipe to make your own Cream of Chicken soup instead of buying the canned. Its healthier for you too Im sure. . Although I dont very often make it, I confess I buy it cause I just dont have time to make my own most of the time.

No comments: