Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My go to chicken recipe & Special Grilled cheese

I know everyone has a "go to recipe" that they default back to if they cant think of anything else to make. Well, here is mine. Its fairly simple and really good.

Lemon Garlic Chicken
4 Chicken breast
1 cup Chicken broth (or 1 cup water & 2 bullion cubes)
1/4 cup Lemon juice
3 T Parsley flakes
1 T. Lemon pepper seasoning
1 T. Minced garlic or 1 garlic clove minced

In a skillet mix together broth, lemon juice, parsley, lemon pepper and garlic. Stir to mix. Place chicken in the skillet. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes then flip chicken and cook another 10 minutes. Poke chicken with a fork or cut a piece in half with a knife to make sure its cooked through. Serve with Rice.

Also, I like to make my grilled chicken a bit special so its not so blah.
So when I butter my bread before frying them I sprinkle a little garlic powder and italian seasoning on the buttered side of each piece of bread. Fry like normal.

No comments: