Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Cookies Post #1

I got a head start on Christmas cookies this year. I always make 5 or 6 different kinds and make plates of cookies to take to our neighbors as a christmas gift.
Last week I made Monster Cookies and O Henry Bars.


Monster Cookies
10 Cups Oatmeal
1/2 Dozen Eggs
1/2# Butter
1-1/2 # Peanut Butter
4 t. Baking Soda
1# Brown Sugar
2 Cup Sugar
M & M's I didnt measure how much, I used the mini M&M's used for baking and just poured in. About 1/4 bag for 1/2 recipe. You can add more if you want more or less if you would rather not have as many.
Chocolate Chips I use mini Chocolate chips. And again I didnt measure. Just poured. I probably used about 1/4 bag of these too for 1/2 recipe.
Mix all together and drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
This makes a HUGE batch so I only made half of a batch and had about 4 dozen cookies.

O'Henry Bars (No picture for these)
4 Cups Oatmeal
1 Cup butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Peanut Butter
Mix Oatmeal, Butter and sugars together and pat into a greased 10X15 pan. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Melt Chocolate Chips and Peanut butter together in a microwave safe bowl. Pour over hot bars. Let set til cooled completely. Makes about 24 bars or more.

Coming in the month of December
-Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
-Chocolate Mint Cookies
-White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
-Peanut Butter Blossoms

No comments: