Monday, December 1, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies

So instead of cleaning my bathroom like I should be doing, I procrastinated and made cookies. These are THE BEST cookies I have had in a while. They are amazing, seriously you have to try them. They are so moist and oh so yummy! I didnt have my camera here, my husband had to take it to work so there is no photo. I saw this recipe on another cooking blog and had to try them . . .. .

Pumpkin Cookies

Recipe from:

http://kitchenscrapbook.com/

1 cup Crisco
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream shortening and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients.

Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Spread caramel frosting on top.

Caramel Frosting
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Combine brown sugar, butter and milk and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm, then gradually beat in the powdered sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Hey, glad to find another cooking site! :) I want to try your chili recipe sometime... I love chili, but am still looking for the perfect recipe. Same with taco soup, and I see you have a recipe for that too. Glad you liked the cookies. I oughta make them again soon. I'm going to put your site on my Blogroll.