Thursday, April 21, 2011

Asparagus Fries

These are SOOO good. If you have ever tried green bean fries at Wings and Rings or TGIfridays they are just like those . So good!

10 Asparagus spears, washed and the top trimmed off and cut into small stick pieces
2 Cups crushed crackers with 2 teas Garlic salt mixed in
2 Eggs, stirred

In a saucepan with water bring it to a boil and add the asparagus. Cook 3 minutes. Drain well. Dip asparagus in Eggs and then in crackers. I found that I only put a little crackers on the plate to roll asparagus in at a time. After a few pieces the egg made the crumbs really gooey and they didnt stick to the asparagust anymore. I wasted a bunch of crumbs.
Meanwhile in a skillet fill 1/2 way with oil. Whatever you normally use. I use 1/2 canola oil and 1/2 coconut oil, its less fattening. But whatever peels your banana is fine. :-)
Put the asparagus in the hot oil, your going to have to do it in batches. I didnt time how long I left them in but it wasnt long, maybe 3-4 minutes?? When the crumb batter turns brown take them off. Drain on a paper towel.
Serve with Ranch Dressing!

No comments: