Wednesday, March 16, 2011

O'Henry Bars - Healthy edition


Even though Im on a bit of a health kick lately I still have my sweet cravings.I have always had a sweet tooth. It gets me in trouble sometimes!
Anyways, my mother in law gave me this recipe for O'henry bars and I gave them a little healthier twist.

1 Cup Light Corn syrup
1 Cup Sugar
Combine those two in a saucepan and stir, bring to a boil on the stove. Then add
1-1/4 cup Peanut Butter
Stir until combined and peanut butter is melted.
Add 1 Cup Fiber One honey clusters cereal, crushed
and 4 cups Oatmeal
(Now here is where I changed. My mother in laws recipe was for Corn flakes. I usually just add 5 cups oatmeal but tonight I decided to try something else. I think it would be even better to add 2 cups fiber one cereal and 3 cups oatmeal. Add some daily fiber! I only had 1 cups worth or else I would have added more)
Stir until all the cereal/oatmeal is covered. Pour into a greased 10X15 pan. Smooth out and press down into the pan. Let cool a few minutes.
Melt 1 Package of Chocolate chips in the microwave and spread on top of the bars. Let cool.

No comments: