Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Smoothies





Todays post is dedicated to smoothies! In a effort to get more veggies and fruit in my day I have started having a smoothie for my lunch. Its been quite effective. I mix veggies in so I get at least one serving of veggies. You cant taste them at all!! Its been good to get Kianna her veggies to because she hates veggies except for peas. I make my smoothie then whatever is left in the blender I mix half with water and put it in a sippy with a straw. That way its runny but she gets her veggies and fruit. Here is my favorite mixes so far. . . . .

Strawberry/Avocado
I hate avocado but i couldnt taste it at all in this! Avocado is a excellent vitamin filled veggie!!
This makes 2 glasses
1 Cup frozen strawberries
1 Avocado chunked
3/4 cup juice (i use mango orange but any will do)
1/3 banana
Combine all items in the blender. Add more water or juice if its too thick for you yet.

Cottage Cheese/berry
This one is yummy! The cottage cheese adds protein and it makes it taste kinda like cream cheese. So it was a berry cheesecake!
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup blueberries
1/2 banana
3/4 cup juice
handful spinach leaves
Mix all together in blender. Add more juice or water until its the right consistency for you.

No comments: