Saturday, December 26, 2009

Red velvet cake balls

I didnt get a chance to take photos the day I made these because I was hurrying to try to get them done before Kianna woke up from her nap. But if you go here she has great photos of how she made them.
Red velvet cake balls
(although they can be made with any flavor of cake mix)
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 can cream cheese frosting
1 pkg. almond bark chocolate to melt

Mix and bake red velvet cake mix according to box. Let cake cool completely then tear apart into a mixing bowl. Mix in a can of cream cheese frosting. I had to use my hands to get it all mixed together good. Shape into balls either by hand or you can use a cookie scoop. Place each ball on wax paper in a cookie sheet. I froze them for a 1/2 hour or so to make them more solid. Then remove from freezer. Melt chocolate and drop balls into it a few at a time. Make sure they are coated. Remove from chocolate with a fork or slotted spoon so access chocolate drains off. Place on wax paper and let sit 5 minutes or until hardened. Store in fridge for 1 week.

TIPS ON MELTING CHOCOLATE:
I used white almond bark chocolate. I melted 3 of the blocks at a time and did it in the microwave for 1 minute at a time on 20% power. I think it took me 5 times @ 1 minute to get them melted. I found that melting a small amount like 3 blocks instead of the whole package at a time was easier and I didnt waste any chocolate by it getting hard before dipping all the balls.

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

i did those before w/ yellow cake mix and regular chocolate and they were really good too!