Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fajita Pizza


Today for lunch I made some Fajita pizza. I didnt have any refridgerated pizza dough so I Googled pizza dough recipe. The one I used claims to be Pizza Huts recipe. I dont know if it really is but it was really good. We both liked it. .

Pizza Dough
1-1/3 Cup Water
1/4 Cup dry milk
1/2 teas. Salt
4 Cups flour
1 T. Sugar
1 Pkg. Yeast (or 2 teas.)
2 T. Vegetable oil
Combine yeast, sugar, salt and dry milk in a bowl. Add water and mix well. Let sit for 2 minutes. Add oil and stir. Then Add flour and stir. Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
Roll out dough and place on pizza pan. Let rise 3o minutes.
I made half of this recipe and it was plenty for my 15'' pizza stone round pan. I would say if you make a full recipe it would make about a 9X13 or larger.

Fajita Pizza
2 Chicken Breast
1/2 pkg. Frozen Fajita veggies (green,yellow, red peppers and onions) OR 1 Green, 1 Red and 1 Yellow pepper and 1/2 a onion sliced.
Couple dashes of Fajita seasoning (my recipe says you can substitute a little chili powder and some cumin powder for fajita seasoning)
1/4 Cup Salsa
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese,Shredded
Saute the chicken breast in a little oil and sprinkle some fajita seasoning on the chicken. Once its cooked through remove chicken from pan and cut into bite sized pieces. Meanwhile in the same pan saute the Fajita veggies with more fajita seasoning. Stiring every few minutes. Add Chicken back into the skillet with the veggies and add the salsa.
On Pizza dough sprinkle 1 cup Cheese. Spread the chicken and veggies mixture on next. Top with rest of the cheese. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.

COMING UP NEXT. . . . . . .BBQ Chicken Pizza

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

Yum! I'm def. going to have to try this!!!