Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Raspberry Truffles


Ok, so melting chocolate and I do NOT get along. I struggled so bad last year melting chocolate to dip pretzels in that we had to go buy more chocolate to melt cause I ruined like 4 bowls full. Well this year was the same. I ruined 2 bowls full of chocolate before I melted it right. Sigh. . . . So now you all know one of my cooking flaws. Lol
I was going to melt some white chocolate to drizzle over the truffles to make em look fancy but considering my luck this morning I decided not to waste the chocolate. .

Raspberry Truffle
1-1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 T Butter
2 T Heavy Whipping cream
Melt these 3 together in a pot on the stove on medium heat. Keep stirring constantly towards the end. Stir it until it looks pretty smooth. Remove from the heat and add
2 T Raspberry Jelly make sure you get the jelly that says SEEDLESS cause otherwise your chocolate are gonna have raspberry seeds in them and that isnt pleasant.
Stir jelly into the chocolate mixture until smooth. Cover pot with saran wrap and set in freezer for 20 minutes or until it sets up a little.
I actually had it in the freezer for 40 minutes. It wont set up completely but after 40 minutes its pretty good.
Remove from freezer and scoop out in spoonfuls onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
Set cookie sheets in freezer for another 10-15 minutes or until the mounds of chocolate "dough" are pretty hard. Then take each mound and roll between your hands into a ball shape. Put on another clean sheet of wax paper and freeze another 5 minutes or so. Dip Balls in melted milk chocolate and lay on wax paper to dry. You can let air dry or freeze them for a few minutes.
I dipped the dough balls once in chocolate then let is dry then dipped them again. It makes them stay together better.

Now Im not gonna share how to melt the chocolate for dipping them in . . Lol. But I would suggest using chocolate melting wafers from walmart. I didnt use them this time and I think it would have been easier. They are back in the crafts part with the cake decorating stuff. They are in bags. They are actually for making mints and stuff in those molds so I think they would melt easier and dip better.

Coming next week - - - Chocolate Mint cookies & Peanut Butter blossoms

No comments: