Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ranch Hamburger & Onion Rings


This Ranch Hamburger recipe I got from my sister. She got it from bettycrocker.com. I changed the recipe just a bit, the recipe called for ranch dressing and I was out so I just used ranch dressing mix powder.

Ranch Hamburgers
1# Hamburger
1 T. Ranch dressing mix
1 small slice onion, chopped
dash salt
dash pepper
dash parsley
Combine all ingredients and form into patties. Cook on a grill or on the stove top until no longer pink.

The onion rings were a recipe I just made up. Next time I will slice my onion a little thicker because they were almost too flimsy.

Oven Baked Onion Rings
1 onion- sliced into rings, divide into rings
1 egg-beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 Cup bread crumbs
Combine the egg and milk in a bowl and put the bread crumbs in another bowl. I used italian seasoned bread crumbs. And you dont want to put all the bread crumbs in at once. I did 1/2 cup and did a bunch of rings then did the other 1/2 cup. Otherwise if you put them all in the bowl they get wet from the rings and dont stick as well. Dip onion rings in the milk mixture then into the bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes on each side. Serve with Onion ring sauce.

Onion Ring sauce
1/2 Cup Mayo
2 T. Ketchup
2 T. Horseradish
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teas. paprika
1 teas. Oregano
1/2 teas. Cayenne pepper

Combine all together in a bowl. Let sit at least 20 minutes before using. I didnt have any cayenne pepper so I didnt add any but I think it needs it. It was almost too sweet tasting, it needed the cayenne spice to make it more zingy.

No comments: