Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sweet Potato Muffins


Since I boiled up some sweet potatoes last night to make the sweet potato waffles I had some puree leftover. So I decided to see what I could use it for. Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamins and very good for you. I found this recipe for sweet potato bread on allrecipes.com and decided to make it into muffins. . .

1 cup Sugar (recipe called for 1-1/2 cups but I cut it back and they taste just fine)
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1-3/4 Cup Flour
1 teas. baking soda
1/4 teas. Salt
1/2 teas. cinnamon
1/2 teas. nutmeg
1/3 cup water
1 Cup sweet potato puree

Combine sugar and veggie oil, mix well. Add eggs and mix well again. In another bowl combine the baking soda, salt, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to the sugar mixture alternately with the water. Add Sweet potatoes. Pour into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
These freeze well also!

No comments: