Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pizza Crust

I got this pizza crust recipe from a friend at church and its so easy. You can find her original post here but Ill post the recipe on here also for you. I didnt take photos because I didnt bake mine yet. I made a double batch and made them into 3 small pizza's and will freeze them to bake later for a easy meal. This dough freezes well, I have done it a few times now and it always bakes up nice.

Ingredients:
1/2 to 3/4 c. warm water (105-115 degrees F)
1 pkg. (I Tbsp.) dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
2 c. flour
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
Combine 1/4 c. of the water with the yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve the yeast, and let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes. Put the flour, oil and salt into the bowl and process about 5 seconds with a steel blade. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture, and process about 10 seconds, or until blended. Turn on the processor and drizzle just enough of the remaining water(I had to use almost 1 cup of water here for each batch) through the feed tube so the dough forms a ball that cleans the sides of the bowl. Process so the ball turns around about 25 times. Put the dough ball onto a 14-inch greased pizza pan or lg. cookie sheet (we use a pizza stone, so we just put the dough ball in a greased mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap). Let stand 10 minutes. Pat dough out so that it covers the pan, leaving a ridge on the edges. Spread with sauce and add toppings.
(I also add basil and garlic powder in when I am mixing in the processor and it adds some flavor to the crust)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Shannon,
Thanks for linking to my blog! Glad you like the crust recipe. I like your idea of adding spices into the dough.

Amy