(recipe from Recipezaar.com)
(photo from chickfila.com)
- In a small bowl, beat egg and stir in milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, pepper and salt.
- Dip each piece of chicken in milk mixture until moistened.
- Roll chicken in flour mix until completely coated.
- Fry in oil until chicken is golden brown.
- Serve with grilled buttered buns and pickles.
- Make 4 sandwiches.
- You can cut chicken into bite size pieces and make chicken nuggets. They are great too!
I didnt have whole chicken breast, just strips so i made 4 strips which was equal to 2 whole breast. I think it was even better that way cause they were more like chicken fingers and we dipped them in honey mustard sauce.
And one thing i did as people on the recipe site said to do was marinate the chicken in dill pickle juice before coating with the flour and stuff. I let my frozen breast strips thaw in the fridge a few hours then placed them in a ziploc bag with 1/4 cup pickle juice. Shake bag to make sure its all soaked. Let sit for 30 minutes. I turned the bag every few minutes to make sure it was all covered. Then dump out and proceed with instructions. TOTALLY makes the taste!!!