Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rhubarb Pie

Rhubarb pie just like my grandma always made. Now, this is my mom's recipe, and her and her 5 sisters argue over who actually has grandma's real recipe since they all have a little different recipe. So we dont know who really has grandma's recipe but my mom's is what I grew up with and its the best in my opinion :-)

Cut up Rhubarb into small dices. Fill your pie pan up about 1/2 full.

Then in another bowl mix together 1 egg, 2 T flour, 3/4 Cup Sugar (I never do quite that much, more like a full 1/2) , dash of salt & 1/2 can of Milnot. Mix together good and pour over rhubarb in pie shell. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. (In my oven it wasnt done in 30 minutes but my crust was so I took some aluminum foil and covered the crust around the edge and baked it a while longer.

Yum! In my opinion its better when its cold so I always refridgerate it for a while before eating, but you can eat it warm.

No comments: