Saturday, July 10, 2010

Steak Rub

I made this last night and man was it good!! But I forgot to take a photo!! Sigh, I know. I got to start taking photos of the food!!
I got the original recipe at Pioneer Woman Recipes. Its really good! Pioneer lady always has a lot of great photos too!!
I didnt pan cook mine though. I mixed together the rub mixture and rubbed it on the steaks and let them sit in the fridge for a few minutes til the grill was heated. Then Just grilled them on low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
Ingredients
  • 2 pieces (about 8 Oz. Each) Ribeye Steak
  • 1 Tablespoon Lawry's Seasoning Salt
  • 3 Tablespoons Lemon And Pepper Seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter
Preparation Instructions

Mix the seasonings all together in a small bowl to create a rub and massage into your steaks.

Bring a skillet to a medium heat and add olive oil and butter. Get these two nice and hot until the butter is beginning to brown. With tongs, set the steak right onto the sizzling butter/oil mixture.

Cook for about 2 minutes on the first side and then flip and turn the heat down to a medium-low to finish off the cooking. Cooking it for about 2 ½ minutes on the second side will result in a medium-rare piece of meat. Alter your cooking time a little to achieve a steak that is a little less pink in the center. Let steak rest for a couple minutes before digging in.

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

i don't like steak, but the rub sounds good ;)

Kelly said...

hey girl! (compgeek!) did you get rid of your baby blog? I know you set it to private but when I saw your comment on my page it said this was your only blog. hows your baby girl? do you still have the other blog? I would love to see how your doing...time flies!