Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fruit Salad

I was asked to make a fruit salad for monday when we had a "mini" reunion with my husbands grandparents. I dont usually get too fancy with fruit salads, but I wanted to try something different this time so I searched allrecipes.com until I found several different recipes that i liked and combined them. Here is the ending result:

2 Green Apples (granny smith), sliced and cut into bite size chunks
1 pint Strawberries, sliced
1 small cluster of grapes (your choice), I sliced them in half but you dont have to
1 pint Blueberries
2 Kiwi, peeled, sliced & cut into bite size pieces
1 Can pineapple chunks (or fresh pineapple cut into chunks if you want)
1 Can Peach Pie filling

Mix all together in a bowl and pour peach pie filling over it all. I added about 1/4 cup pineapple juice from the pineapple chunk can but I wouldnt do it again. I think it made it a little watery.
Stir it together well and chill for a few hours before serving.

This recipe is so easy and you can change the fruit out to suit your taste or what fruit is in season. I used up the last of the salad this morning to make a fruit smoothie but now I pitched what was left. It was getting pretty soggy. So I would say the salad lasted 3 days pretty well.

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

yum! looks good!!