Monday, March 16, 2009

Baked Oatmeal

I know, its been a while. Honestly I havent cooked in 5 weeks! My husband has been surviving on pizza and sandwiches and take out since I got pregnant. I am 9 weeks now so hopefully I will be back in the kitchen soon!
This is a recipe that my mom used to make at home. I love it! I usually add a can of apple pie filling (chop the apples up before adding to the batter) or if your real healthy you can just add chopped apples but the pie filling has the "gel" which adds some moisture and flavor to the oatmeal.


1/3 c. oil
1/2 c. sugar or 1/4 c. honey
1 lg. egg, beaten
3/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. quick oats
1 1/2 tsp. baking pwd.
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together oil, sugar (or honey) and egg. Add rest of ingredients. Mix.Add Apples or Pie filling now. Bake in a 9" greased pie plate at 350 or 25 -30 minutes. Serves 4 - 6.

NOTE: Mom always made this in a 9X13 so a whole can of apple pie filling will be too much for the 9 inch pie pan probably. I would use 1/2 the can.

No comments: